2023-2024 Season Pass Definitions and Updates to Operational Hours
Thank you for purchasing a 2023-2024 season pass for Cataloochee Ski Area. It is important to us for guests to remain informed. For this reason, we want to inform you of a change to our operational hours. We will be changing our closing time from 10:00pm to 9:00pm for non-holiday Sunday through Thursday nights. Fridays, Saturdays, and Holiday nights we will close at 10:00pm.
Season Pass Definitions:
Unlimited Pass: Valid all sessions anytime we are open.
Limited Pass: Valid Sunday through Fridays all sessions, valid Saturdays after 5:00pm and any Saturdays we are not open for night sessions.
Weekday-Night Pass: Valid non-holiday Monday through Friday all sessions, valid all nights after 5:00pm, valid Saturday or Sunday day sessions when we are not open for night sessions except Sunday December 24, 2023.
Holidays: Holiday hours are 8:30am-10:00pm except for Thanksgiving Day (8:30am-4:30pm), Christmas Eve (8:30am-4:30pm), and Christmas Day (1:00pm-10:00pm)
Thanksgiving holidays November 22nd through 25th
Christmas and New Years holidays December 18th through January 1st
MLK holidays January 19th through 22nd
President’s holidays February 16th through 19th
Night Session Operating Dates:
November 22nd, 24th, and 25th
December 9th through March 9th (except for December 24th, 2023)
By signing this, I, the undersigned, have read and understood the operational hour change, season pass definitions, holiday hours/dates, and night session dates. I agree that my annual pass must be worn at all times and must be shown to the operators of the lifts every time I or my child rides a lift. Failure to display a valid ticket or annual pass will result in dismissal from the lift line. I agree to only use my pass during valid dates and hours as described above. Passes are non-transferable. Use of the pass by anyone other than passholder is not permitted and will result in the total revocation of the pass without refund. I will read and follow all posted signage. I am signing freely and of my own accord, and I agree to be legally bound to the agreement printed here, and on the website www.cataloochee.com, and on signs posted at the resort. In the event that I am signing on behalf of a minor child for whom I am responsible, that I have full authority to do so, realizing its binding effect on them as well as myself.
All season passes are:
NOT TRANSFERABLE – NOT REFUNDABLE – NOT REPLACABLE – CANNOT BE RESOLD
The purchaser and/or user of this ticket agrees and understands that skiing and snowboarding are hazardous sports that bare spots, variations in snow, ice and terrain, along with bumps, moguls, stumps, forest growth, debris, rocks, and many other hazards and obstacles exist within this ski area. In using this ticket and skiing the area such dangers are recognized and accepted whether they are marked or unmarked. The skier/rider realizes that falls, collisions and the above mentioned do occur and injuries may result, therefore, each individual assumes the burden and the risk of skiing under control at all times. If you do not agree with this clause, then do not ski/ride here.
I, the undersigned, have read and understood the terms of the Skier/Rider Liability Release. I am signing freely and of my own accord, realizing it is binding upon myself, my heirs and assigns, and in the event that I am signing it on behalf of any minors, that I have full authority to do so, realizing its binding effect on them as well as myself. I further agree to assume all risk of personal injury or loss or damage to any of my property.
Season Pass Rules
1. This pass must be worn at all times and must be shown to the operators of the lifts and every time you ride a lift. Failure to display a valid lift pass will result in dismissal from the lift line. This pass is for your personal use only. Transferring the pass is not permitted and will result in the revocation of the pass without refund.
2. The passholder realizes that skiing/snowboarding has categories of inherent risks that all skiers/riders MUST ASSUME if they participate in the sport. They include but are not limited to, variations in snow and terrain, ice, rocks and forest growth (above or below surface, bare spots, towers, utility lines and their components, snowmaking and snow grooming equipment and collisions. Read and heed all posted signs. Purchase of a season pass does not imply that you can use all lifts and ski/ride all trails.
3. Being fully aware of the risks, the pass holder hereby agrees to waive, release, and discharge any and all claims for personal injury or property damage and further hold harmless and indemnify the Cataloochee Ski Area and its representatives from any and all liability or claims resulting from participation in this sport.
4. The passholder hereby grants his/her permission to copyright and use, re-use and publish, and republish photography of themselves which may be used in any printed, online or advertising materials for or related to the ski area.
5. Cataloochee Ski Area personnel shall have the right to revoke or confiscate this pass in any instance where, solely in the judgment of a Cataloochee representative, the skier acts in any manner which endangers or may endanger the safety of any other person, violates the Skier Safety Act or for misconduct or nuisance.